STOP PRESS: This contribution is now updated to Version 5 and has all sorts of cool extras. Please see the latest post about this.
Discount Coupon Version 3
It’s time to update my Discount Coupon Mod to Version 3. This update has seen a bit of an overhaul to how coupons are applied – instead of having the “input your coupon code” box in the checkout_payment.php age it is now on the shopping_cart.php page as seen in the image below:
What this means is that it should now be compatible with the other modifications out there that do not make use of the full checkout procedure – eg amazon checkout, google checkout and so on. And, it is also more intuitive on the shopping_cart page as it is nice for a potential buyer to see what discount he is getting before he/she even has to log in.
So, my next task is to get this all bundled up ready for installation.
Summary of the Discount Coupon contribution – admin area
1. Shop Owner can insert any number of coupons, which can be “used once” or “used multiple” per customer. It is coded this way so that if you want to run a promotion, you do not have to create loads of coupons, just create one “use once” coupon – which can then be used once by an unlimited number of customers.
2. When coupons are used, shop owner is able to easily view the orders made on a per coupon basis (this is experimental code) but seems to work well.
Summary of the Discount Coupon contribution – catalog
1. Buyer is able to insert coupon code in the shopping_cart.php page.
2. Coupon is carried through the checkout process and shows in all order histories etc.
1. A “use once, one time” coupon.
2. Coupon Start and End Dates
3. Ability to set minimum spend on a coupon.
4. Ajax the coupon input on shopping_cart.php.
How you can get this
Once I am ready to do so, I will upload the modification to the osCommerce Contributions area. In the meantime I am able to install this for you at low cost – please email me if you wish to enquire about this.