STOP PRESS: This contribution is now updated to Version 5 and has all sorts of cool extras. Please see the latest post about this.
Discount Coupon Version 3
It’s time to update my Discount Coupon Mod to Version 3. This update has seen a bit of an overhaul to how coupons are applied – instead of having the “input your coupon code” box in the checkout_payment.php age it is now on the shopping_cart.php page as seen in the image below:
What this means is that it should now be compatible with the other modifications out there that do not make use of the full checkout procedure – eg amazon checkout, google checkout and so on. And, it is also more intuitive on the shopping_cart page as it is nice for a potential buyer to see what discount he is getting before he/she even has to log in.
So, my next task is to get this all bundled up ready for installation.
Summary of the Discount Coupon contribution – admin area
1. Shop Owner can insert any number of coupons, which can be “used once” or “used multiple” per customer. It is coded this way so that if you want to run a promotion, you do not have to create loads of coupons, just create one “use once” coupon – which can then be used once by an unlimited number of customers.
2. When coupons are used, shop owner is able to easily view the orders made on a per coupon basis (this is experimental code) but seems to work well.
Summary of the Discount Coupon contribution – catalog
1. Buyer is able to insert coupon code in the shopping_cart.php page.
2. Coupon is carried through the checkout process and shows in all order histories etc.
1. A “use once, one time” coupon.
2. Coupon Start and End Dates
3. Ability to set minimum spend on a coupon.
4. Ajax the coupon input on shopping_cart.php.
How you can get this
Once I am ready to do so, I will upload the modification to the osCommerce Contributions area. In the meantime I am able to install this for you at low cost – please email me if you wish to enquire about this.
Hi when will this be ready – as im looking to install this latest version on my new rc2a version
looking forward to it !!
It’s ready, but is only available as an install due to the codebase not working in certain situations. The install service guarantees it works in your setup or you pay nothing.
Thanks for everything!
I am running a swedish osCommerce shop and i have tried to install your voucher module v2. Admin works perfect, but the discount just dont want to show on the checkout_confirmation.php page or on other confirmation pages, after i have entered a correct code (no messages at all). I have checked that tep_session_is_registered(‘coupon_code’) is true. I have checked that i have all language files (took all the english and put in the swedish folder to)…
You have any ideas what it can be?
Mattias – make sure you installed the order_total module (in your shop admin area) and that you gave it a unique sort order.
Hmmmm. Version 3 works only with RC versions of osCommerce. BUMMER!
OK so it’s not a big deal, it just means that anyone who wants it would get Version 3 of the Admin, and Version 2 of the Shop Side coding
so this isn’t a free contribution then ?
An install fee is payable for Version 2 and/or Version 3. Version 1 is available to all and sundry.
i have implement the contribution for discount coupon name of that contribution is ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_31 it shows the fields at the admin section but it can not show on the front end
please help me.
Tony – make sure that what you jave installed is my contribution as I do not recognise that filename.
how much do you charge to install the coupon module on a v2.2 RC1 store?
What is the turnaround? Do you take paypal?
KC; $50, usually done the same day as I get access to the stuff I need (phpmyadmin, admin access, ftp access), yes.