It’s been a long time coming but osCommerce (the brand) has been rebooted.
- The main website at www.oscommerce.com has been updated and is now running on custom software.
- The Forum software has been updated with many new features including a nice “member of the month” feature.
- There are new Sponsorship opportunities for both “community sponsors” and “commercial sponsors“.
- Priority Support is available to Sponsors direct from the osCommerce Team
- And anyone can ask for quotes from professional osCommerce developers also.
Now that the website and forum have been overhauled, code work can begin again on the next three releases in the osCommerce portfolio;
- v2.3.4 – a final update in the 2.3 branch bringing a lot of bug fixes and some extra functionality
- v2.4 – a new release bringing the 2.3 branch closer to the 3.0 branch. A “halfway house” if you will.
- v3 and forwards – the main product of osCommerce for the coming years.
Good times ahead for osCommerce, and for the users of osCommerce.
Hopefully the bad and disastrous times that the osCommerce brand has suffered over the past 5 or 6 years can be repaired by the new emphasis on quality products and quality customer service. Only time will tell.