Although osCommerce is usually used for selling products which are then sent to the buyer by post, it is possible to use osCommerce for establishments such as Pizza Shops or restaurants.
If we think about a Pizza Shop, which allows online ordering, we see a few features that most other shops don’t want or need;
1. ability to close down online ordering when the physical Pizza parlour is closed
– how about a Header Tag module that does this?
2. ability to charge the correct rate for deliveries
– how about a Shipping module that links into Google Maps and works out the exact distance from the Pizza Shop to the Customer in miles or kilometers, the shipping module then charges per km/mile.
3. ability to add in a Tip for the delivery driver
– how about a Order Total module that allows the buyer to add in a Tip.
Can you think of any more needs for a Restaurant?