One of my good clients contacted me to see about having coded a shipping module that;
– available for DK clients only 1
– available only to certain postcodes within Denmark (those near the customers real shop, to be delivered by car) 2
– ability to add further away postcodes at a higher price 3
Within a couple of hours I had the basis of the code in place, it has now been tested and seems to work well;
1. Hardcoded, but can easily be changed to react with the STORE_COUNTRY.
2. Insert the Zipcodes as a comma separated list.
3. You need more zones, just increase the number of zones in the module.
which gives extra inputs in the Admin area.
In real use;
A. A Zip that is not configured as a deliverable zip;
B. A Zip that is close to the Store (Zone 1);
C. A Zip that is further away (Zone 2);